TASK GRADE: 13
Salary Range: R 637 810.02 (Total Cost to Company)
Ref. No: BCMDA-VAC-001-22
- B Com Accounting or B Compt. degree.
- Minimum of 3 years in the accounting field of which majority of the experience should be in local government.
- Experience on the preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Experience on the preparation of Local Government returns/budgets.
- Sound knowledge of MFMA and mSCOA.
- MFMP (CPMD) (or studying towards it) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution will be an added advantage.
- Must have good report writing, presentation, analytical and communication skills.
- High level of Computer literacy is essential.
- A Driver’s license will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall support to BCMDA staff as and when needed.
- Assist with the preparation of GRAP compliant Annual Financial Statements.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, in-year and annual internal and external reports and/or submissions (both legislative and non-legislative reports).
- Assist with the cash management function which is inclusive of petty cash, investment management etc.
- Assist with the budget planning, development, implementation and monitoring processes.
- Assist with the expenditure management processes and procedures.
- Assist with the billing and collection of revenue.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory returns.
- Assist with the month-end processes and implementation of internal controls within the scope of financial management.
- Assist with ensuring overall compliance with legislation and guidelines governing local government financial management.
The post is based in East London and any enquiries regarding the content of above post can be directed to Ms Fezeka Momoza on 043 – 4922 101/ 064 007 7961
Candidates who are suitably qualified as per the minimum requirements for the posts set out in the advertisement are to submit a copy of their curriculum vitae together with a covering letter, along with the relevant required documentation for a specific post (i.e. certified copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, identity document, drivers’ license and membership to various regulating bodies. Non-submission of the required supporting documentation may disqualify a candidate.
Fraudulent qualifications and information submitted, will disqualify any candidates with immediate effect. Candidates are cautioned that documentation and information provided is checked with relevant authorities and fraudulent submissions may also lead to criminal charges being laid against persons involved in submission thereof.
Buffalo City Metropolitan Development Agency reserves the right not to fill any or all of the positions advertised.
Applications can be hand-delivered to BCMDA Corporate Services Division, 12 Esplanade Road, Quigney, East London, 5201 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 02 March 2022
Should candidates not be contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date, they may regard their applications as having been unsuccessful.