TASK GRADE: 14
Salary: R58 974.45 Per Month (Total Cost to Company)
Ref. No: BCMDA-VAC-004-22
- Legal qualification
- Admission as an Attorney will be an added advantage
- 3 years as an Assistant Company Secretary in a state entity. Experience in the local government sphere will be an added advantage
- 3 years of excellent minute-taking experience
Key Performance Areas:
- To manage the Annual Work Plan and arrange meetings of the Board and committees
- Ensure timeous preparation of agendas and meeting packs for all Board and Committee meetings
- Preparing agendas and meeting packs for Board and its Committees
- Prepare minutes and Matters Arising from all meetings
- Communicate with Management on Matters Arising from meetings and ensure timeous feedback is received before scheduled meetings
- Prepare all relevant notices for Shareholders’ meetings
- Manage the preparation and submission of regulatory and statutory requirements for meetings
- Update and maintain all statutory files, records, and registers
- Conduct legal research and prepare written submissions
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and Agency policies
- Attend to other legal and secretariat administrative functions as and when required
Competencies Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge and understanding of MFMA, Companies Act, King IV, and relevant applicable legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Drafting skills: agendas, letters, opinions, etc
- Ability to liaise at Executive and Board level
The post is based in East London and any enquiries regarding the content of above post can be directed to Mrs Fezeka Momoza on 043-4922101
Candidates who are suitably qualified as per the minimum requirements for the posts set out in the advertisement are to submit a copy of their curriculum vitae together with a covering letter, along with the relevant required documentation for a specific post (i.e. certified copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, identity document, drivers’ license and membership to various regulating bodies. Non-submission of the required supporting documentation may disqualify a candidate.
Fraudulent qualifications and information submitted will disqualify any candidates with immediate effect. Candidates are cautioned that documentation and information provided is checked with relevant authorities and fraudulent submissions may also lead to criminal charges being laid against persons involved in submission thereof. Buffalo City Metropolitan Development Agency reserves the right not to fill any or all of the positions advertised.
Applications can be hand delivered to BCMDA Corporate Services Division, 12 Esplanade Road, Quigney, East London, 5201 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 27 March 2022
Should candidates not be contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date, they may regard their applications as having been unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to Previously disadvantaged individuals including those with Disabilities respectively at the time of appointment.